Be You Social Enterprise
The aim of this social enterprise is to:
- Reduce or eliminate the symptoms of anxiety/stress in 14-18 year olds
- Empower them to recognise when they are feeling anxious
- Teach them coping strategies and daily habits to improve their mental health
- Improve their self esteem and confidence
- Improve their behaviour and grades in exams
- To Empower our clients to live their best life.
- To provide a non judgemental safe space to be and talk.
- To hear and acknowledge our clients worries.
- We are the facilitators of our clients changes.
- Each client is responsible for their own life and has the power to change the outcomes.
Today, the pressure on our young people to do well at school has never been higher. Many are experiencing anxiety about their exams. However, this anxiety is not just solely because of their exams. Other factors will contribute such as:
- Divorce & the breakdown of the family
- Poor parenting and lack of great role models
- Academic pressures to exec
- Social Media: unable to switch off from what friends are doing
- Feeling under pressure to conform to society’s standards of stereotypes
- Fear of Missing Out (FOMO).
- Skewed views of women due to the availability of porn.
- The availability of drugs and other addictive substances.
- The statistics are frightening: 20% of teenagers aged 13-18 live with depression;
- 1: 10 teenagers have a diagnosable mental health problem
- and 50% of all life time mental health problems begin before the age of 14.
- 20% of all teenagers who are cyber bullied consider suicide.
- Every 100 seconds a teenager takes their own life.